Question about 2005 Dodge Caravan

1 Answer

2005 dodge caravan sxt

Can you tell me where to find the pcv valce on the engine

Posted by Anonymous on


1 Answer

Boundless Company Limited

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Dodge Master
  • 2,122 Answers

Hi sapperstein,

What you're looking for should be on the upper end of the tappet cover, and connected to the intake manifold, probably by way of a flexible tube....PVC refers to 'positive crank ventilation'..... It a way of re-burning the gases, created in the crank case....

regards Johngee10

Posted on Sep 28, 2008


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

At the oil change place I was told my 2007 Grand Caraven did not have a PCV valve. Is that true?

All I can do is tell you what my info, said. 2000 model year--3.3L engine does show a pcv valve. 01--09 with that engine size does not show one. My info said dodge--Chrysler--Plymouth. Depending on your engine, if you have one, check the valve cover.
That's all I could find in my info.

Mar 14, 2018 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

My 2001 expedition is idling rough and i hear a hiss comming from the engine near the rear but cant tell were its comming from

There is a large elbow shaped tube at the back of the intake plenum where the PCV valve hose connects. This tube gets a hole sucked in it due to oil fumes that come through the PCV valve and softens the rubber. To find the tube,simply follow the PCV valve tube from the valve cover on the passenger side of engine to the back of the intake.

Mar 05, 2015 | 2001 Ford Expedition

1 Answer

Location pcv valve engine

if you don't have a manuel try calling the dealership they will be more than happy to tell you

Aug 15, 2013 | Saturn Vue Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to put belt on time on vw jetta 1995 2.0

crank mark is on flywheel (hole on top of bellhousing) distributer mark is on plastic cover under cap (points to engine) cam marks line up at top to plastic on valce cover

Sep 11, 2011 | 1995 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Answer

Can anyone tell me (or show me a picture) of where the PCV Valve is on my 1996 ford Taurus?

PCV Valve is in the end of 1/2" or so size hose inserted into a rubber grommet in the top of one of the valve covers. I believe it's on the passenger side closest to the firewall.
If you have the 24 Valve engine, the PCV valve is on the drivers side of the engine compartment, if you're facing the front of the vehicle, just under the air intake hose. Its not directly on the engine but rather in line with the oil separator tube/hose. Follow the black accordion tube from the air cleaner to the throttle body valve. Place your hand on the bottom of the throttle body and you will find the PCV attached to two short rubber hoses. Hand access is limited, so you have to feel for the PCV and blindly remove the hoses from the PCV. Be patient, and allow time to finesse the new PCV onto both hoses.
I recommend purchasing this molded new hose for a few dollars from your Ford dealer. They tend to clog or collapse after several years. The whole process can be done in 15 to 30 minutes and save you a lot.

Good luck and hope this helps. keep me posted

Jun 20, 2009 | 1996 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

PCV Valve on 05 Dodge Grand Caravan

3.3 and 3.8 engine pcv valves are it the rear head valve cover. they are a pain to remove

Oct 23, 2008 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

Not finding what you are looking for?
2005 Dodge Caravan Logo

Related Topics:

130 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22485 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8984 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides