Replacing Your headlight bulb seem to be easy when You look at it, but quite technical. But If You get the proper guide, I think fixing this will not be difficult for You. You will be needing these instruments to fix this(Flathead screwdriver, Phillips head screwdriver, 3/8 inch drive ratchet, 3/8 inch drive 10 mm socket, Replacement bulb(s), Shop rags or towel
), then You carefully follow the steps below to fix this:
- Turn the steering wheel all the way in toward the engine on the side you are changing the light bulb in. For the driver's side bulb replacement, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. For the passenger side bulb replacement, turn the steering wheel all the way to the left.
- Turn the ignition switch to the off position and remove the keys. Make sure the light switch is in the off position.
- Remove the retaining clips and screws from the front of the wheel well area, including the bottom splash shield valance underneath the front of the Maxima. The valance is attached to the wheel well and can be left intact. Use the Phillips head screwdriver for the screws and the flathead screwdriver to pop up the center post of the clips and then pry the clips out. Remove enough of the clips to gain access into the front fender cavity.
- Locate and turn the outer low-beam headlight cover counterclockwise to remove it. This will reveal the bulb and socket.
- Turn the bulb counterclockwise to remove it from the headlight assembly.
- Release the retaining pin (if applicable for theft deterrent package).
- Remove the wire harness plug from the bulb socket and then remove the bulb.
- Insert the new bulb into the socket without touching the glass of the bulb. Reverse the procedure to reinstall.
But if it is the high beams bulb You want to replace, then please follow the steps below, It is the same instruments as before You will be needing to do this job.
- Release the hood latch if you're replacing the high beam bulb only. Then lift the hood. Locate the two 10 millimeter bolts at the top of the headlight assembly and remove them with the ratchet and the socket.
- Locate the four fascia retaining pins and remove them using the flathead screwdriver. This will allow flexible movement of the fascia to remove the headlight assembly.
- Place a shop rag or towel between the tight gap of the fascia and the bottom of the headlight assembly to prevent scratching the fascia.
- Maneuver the headlight assembly forward away from the front of the Maxima. There is a guide pin still retaining the assembly in place so apply equal parts of determination and gentleness to remove the assembly without scratching the lens or the fascia.
- Remove the headlight assembly far enough to get your hand behind it and remove the seal from the back of the high-beam headlight. Turn the seal counterclockwise to remove.
- Turn the bulb counterclockwise to remove from the assembly.
- Release the retaining pin (if applicable).
- Unplug the wire harness from the light bulb and remove the light bulb.
- Plug the new replacement bulb into the wire harness without touching the glass of the bulb.
- Reinstall by reversing the procedure.
Hope this information helped. Thank You for using FixYa!!!