Question about Oldsmobile Toronado
Posted by Anonymous on
it would be cheaper to replace the shocks with the same as you have on the car now. otherwise you have to have other things done to the car to make new different shocks workfor the car
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
Ok, you have three sensors on this engine that work together to manage the temperature reading that are sent to the gauge. i recommend checking all three to be safe. i will list the sensors and, locations below.
1. Coolant temperature sensor- Under hood, driver side, upper engine area, above transmission bell housing, mounted in driver side end of intake manifold.
2. Engine Temperature sensor- Under hood, driver side, upper engine area, mounted on rear cylinder head
3. Temperature switch.- Under hood, center, lower engine area, above oil filter, rear of coolant temperature sensor, mounted in engine block
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
is yours carb,if not 23- manifold air temperature (mat) sensor or circuit (1990 and earlier models) 23- intake air temperature (iat) sensor circuit (fuel-injected models) if its carb,,,,,23- mixture control (m/c) solenoid or circuit (carbureted models)
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
1. Check the oil (with dipstick) see if it smells the same as the oil spot you were detecting.
2. Fuel leaks are usually accompanied by a strong odor of fuel and time the vehicle is running.
I will guess that this car has quite a few miles on it. Having the gas ending up in the oil a bit is normal for high miles engines. As they get older they should be changed more often to keep this from happening.
As for the oil leak, only a visual inspection can determine the leak source. I would bet on a seal.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 02, 2014 | 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado
Apr 12, 2014 | 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado
Jan 04, 2014 | 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado
Nov 24, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 31, 2011 | 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado
Oct 20, 2009 | Oldsmobile Toronado Cars & Trucks
Jul 09, 2009 | 1991 Oldsmobile Toronado
Apr 30, 2009 | 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado
Mar 16, 2009 | 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado
Dec 07, 2008 | 1992 Oldsmobile Toronado
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: