Question about 1997 Chrysler Sebring
Welcome to FixYa.com Thank you for Using FixYa.com Kind Regards, Lee Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Welcome to FixYa.com
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Posted on Jan 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 30, 2015 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Oct 30, 2017 | Chevrolet Cobalt Cars & Trucks
Jun 09, 2012 | Ford Explorer Cars & Trucks
Jul 18, 2011 | 1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport
Jun 06, 2010 | 1995 Nissan Altima
Dec 24, 2009 | 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
Jun 26, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Sep 10, 2008 | 1995 Pontiac Sunfire
Sep 01, 2008 | 1991 Honda CRX
963 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: