Question about 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer Ext
Subject: Radio With Six Disc CD Changer Does Not Recognize Loaded CD And
Displays An "INITIALIZING" Message, CD Will Not Play, CD Cannot Be
Ejected, Or Disc Icon Does Not Illuminate (Reprogram Radio)
2005-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe
2005-2007 Chevrolet Colorado, Express, Silverado Classic, TrailBlazer
2005-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2005-2007 GMC Canyon, Envoy, Savana, Sierra Classic
2005-2006 HUMMER H2 with Six Disc CD Changer Equipped Audio System (RPO UC6)
Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:
• The CD loaded in the radio will not play.
• The CD loaded in the radio will not eject.
• The disc icon on the radio will not illuminate.
• The radio displays an "INITIALIZING" message for approximately 30 seconds after vehicle start up.
Important: Do not attempt to play CDs with paper labels on them in this CD player. The labels may warp or wrinkle and jam the CD player mechanism. Refer to the Compact Disc Care and Cleaning procedure (Document ID# 1656123) in SI for more information.
Technicians are to reprogram the radio with new operating software using the following procedure:
1. If the radio has a CD(s)2008 General will be necessary to reset the radio and remove them
before the radio is reprogrammed. Remove and reinstall the radio fuse to reset the radio and then eject the CD(s). If cycling the power to the radio does not allow the CD(s) to be removed, the radio may have another failure that will not be corrected by the reprogramming procedure that follows. Refer to the Diagnostic Starting Point - Entertainment procedure in SI to begin your diagnosis of this failure to eject CDs concern before reprogramming the radio.
2. Reprogram the radio using the Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the SPS procedures and the Radio Programming and Set procedure in SI for more information. As always make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.
3. Verify proper operation of the radio and make sure that all CDs can be ejected.
Hope helps (remember to rate this).
Posted on Oct 03, 2010
My 2006 trailblazer cd player will not play it was INITIALIZING then stopped completely i tried the battery pull and the fuse still nothing...what can i do.....
Posted on Jun 07, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 04, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2009 | 2002 Ford Mustang
Feb 21, 2009 | 1997 Ford Explorer AWD
Feb 01, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
Dec 21, 2008 | 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Jul 03, 2008 | 2000 Toyota Avalon
5,680 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!