Question about 1990 Ford Taurus
RESETTING THE FUEL PUMP SHUT-OFF SWITCH
After a collision, if the engine cranks but does not start, the fuel pump shut-off switch may have been activated. The shut-off switch is a device intended to stop the electric fuel pump when your vehicle has been involved in a substantial jolt.
If your vehicle is a sedan, the fuel pump shut-off switch is located on the right side of the trunk behind the trunk liner.
If your vehicle is a wagon, the fuel pump shut-off switch is located behind the service panel on the right side of the cargo area.
Use the following procedure to reset the fuel pump shut-off switch.
1. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
2. Check the fuel system for leaks.
3. If no fuel leak is apparent, reset the fuel pump shut-off switch by pushing in on the reset button.
4. Turn the ignition to the ON position. Pause for a few seconds and return the key to the OFF position.
5. Make a further check for leaks in the fuel system
Hope this helps (remember to rate and comment this).
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2017 | 2008 Lincoln Mkz
Dec 15, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 05, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 21, 2015 | 1998 Ford Windstar
Aug 19, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 11, 2012 | 1995 Ford Explorer
Apr 13, 2011 | 1994 Mercury Cougar
Mar 15, 2011 | Buick Reatta Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2009 | 1995 Mercury Tracer
Jan 18, 2018 | 1990 Ford Taurus
7,179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: