2007 honda odyssey oil change and transmission fluid recommended change frequency
Have supplies ready(long stem funnel to reachfill hole, 4 qts honda genuine atf-z1, rags for drips)
1. First, park the car while its hot on a flat surface and turn the
engine off. Locate the yellow transmission dipstick and remove it and
wipe it clean.
2. Look for the the ATF fill plug and washer(below and to the
left of the brake fluid reservoir) 17mm marked "ATF" and remove it.
3. Locate the drain plug(not the one on pointing towards the
drivers front tire but its located on on the drivers side of the
transmission pointing towards the passengers side and lying
horizontally) and remove it along with the washer. Its blue and is a
standard 3/8 square drive plug and remove it. Drain completely. (wait
15 min or so until ALL is gone and replace the plug after throughly
cleaning the magnet that is attached to it).
5. Replace atf fluid(honda says 3.3 qts- but mine took 3.8 to
bring to first hole in dipstick level-check while running(use honda z-1
fluid only-yes- its expensive).
6. Replace fill bolt and washer and tighten.
7. Replace dipstick, let engine get hot and recheck. Recheck again after driving a day or so.
Your done-good work, you saved a $100 dollars...
It can be changed for every 60000 miles..
Dec 19, 2009 |
2007 Honda Odyssey