Question about 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew
Did you have the cruise control recall done ?
recall 05S28. Description: Speed Control Deactivation Switch.
The 2001 has a Cruise Control self test you can run, that will test from the switches to the Servo.
This test is a key on engine off (KOEO) test only that is conducted in park only with emergency brake fully engaged.
1. Enter self-test diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the ON switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
— 2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).
— 3 flashes - deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
— 4 flashes - vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective
4. Immediately (.25 second delay) after the static test, the speed control servo does a dynamic test by automatically actuating the throttle lever from 8 mm (0.315 in) to 12 mm (0.472 in) of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of the speed control cable and correct connection of speed control cable to throttle lever. Make sure the throttle returns to the idle position.
5. Return the ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to the Symptom Chart.
Posted on Jun 24, 2010
It should have a fuse! check manual in glove box. Also , Brake light out in most newer vehichles keeps cruise from working
Posted on Jun 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 28, 2015 | 2008 Honda Accord
Mar 30, 2014 | Subaru Impreza Cars & Trucks
Nov 07, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 06, 2013 | 1999 Mercury Villager
May 07, 2012 | 1988 Lincoln Town Car
Jul 05, 2009 | 1990 Volvo 780
Dec 26, 2017 | 1998 Honda Accord
282 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: