Question about 2005 Buick LaCrosse
The procedure to replace head light assembly on buick lacrosse is as follows:---
1)To remove and replace the headlight assembly you will need to remove 1 retaining bolt on the top of the headlamp assembly and 2 sliding retainers at the rear.
2) The carefully Pull up the retainers and that will release the headlight assembly and allow you to pull it out the front.
3) When installing the new headlight assembly make sure you have it lined up correctly before trying to install the retainers, don't force them it may get cracked .
4) Both the cover and the bulb are removed by a standard twist to the counterclockwise and replaced by a twist to the clockwise.
5) Now to the dim light. You have to release the entire light assembly before you can remove the screw-on cover to reach the light.
6) On the rear edge of the light unit closest to the engine is a white locking tab. Pull that tab up just to the point where it releases…pull too far and it locks again.
7) Next, locate the other locking bracket which is a metal bracket in the center-rear of the light assembly. This bracket is held down by a screw.
8) Remove the screw with a 10mm wrench. Lift the bracket just like you did the white bracket. You should now be able to pull (or pry) the entire light unit forward a little. Depending on the size of your hands this might be enough.
Note:-- The turn signal is part of the headlight assembly on your 2005 Buick LaCross.
9) To replace the headlight bulb you need to remove the front bumper cover.
10)To release the plastic bumper assembly to give you a little more space. This is done by removing two expansion locking pins, one that holds the little plastic strip down between the bright and dim lights and one that is located inside a rubber bumper on the engine side of the light unit.
11)To remove these locking pins, pull or pry up the little tab in the center of the pin.
Posted on May 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2018 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Feb 13, 2016 | Buick Cars & Trucks
Mar 14, 2015 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Jan 29, 2015 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Dec 04, 2012 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Jul 29, 2011 | Buick LaCrosse Cars & Trucks
Sep 07, 2010 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Jan 04, 2010 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
Oct 09, 2009 | 2005 Buick LaCrosse
4,909 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!