Seat Alhamba will not start.
I don't know if re-programming is the answer but any Seat/VW main dealer can do this for you. Trouble is they will change you for a few minutes work!! However, if your key is the sort that i have for my Alhambra (chunky one) then if you follow these instructions then it should work.
How to reprogram the C/L remote control key fob
1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.
6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).
7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.
For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.
"Make sure that to test the newly program remotes, the original key is removed from the ignition. Someone might be a bit frustrated trying to test it with it still in 'program' mode."
Hope it works for you!
All the best, RobboArsenal
Mar 11, 2009 |
2000 Ford Focus