My Porsche Key fob (05 911 C2S) no longer unlocks the doors wirelessly but does work on the ignition. I tried unlocking door manually then hitting unlock/lock button of fob and nothing (per the manual) everything else works fine.... any suggestions?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: my Porsche Key fob no longer unlocks the doors
Insert key into door barrel or ignition lock and turn key, whilst doing this press the unlock/lock button, the led on the dash should flash to indicate this has initialised the key to the car, then remove key and test operation of remote. If this fails then a new remote plus coding to the car by your dealership is needed
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Get in your vehicle.
2. Close the door.
3. Put key in ignition
4. Do not turn on the ignition yet.
5. Hold down on the unlock button on the door panel. Do not let up.
6. Turn the key to ON, OFF, ON, OFF (while still holding the unlock button on the door panel).
7. Release the unlock button.
8. The door locks should cycle, indicating that you did everything correctly.
9. Have all your remote entry fobs available. Hold down on both the lock and unlock buttons until the door locks cycle. Do the same on all key fobs. This will re-program all of them.
10. Turn ON the ignition key to exit the program mode.
Assuming you mean door unlocks while parked? Toyota will not allow door to be locked using the remote control while key is in the ignition or if you with a wireless proximity key (now referred to as a FOB), while the wireless key is still in the car. If these are not the case, you may need to check out the sensor in the ignition or if using a FOB, the computer interface between the FOB circuit and the door lock.
Assuming the car battery is ok (if not, buy a male to male cigarette lighter at the auto store and connect to another car until charged enough to unlock the doors...but don't try to crank the ignition!). The trunks won't open if the battery went dead with the alarm set because arming the alarm physically locks the releases.
Sounds like the key code is switched off because you replaced the key fob battery. Try unlocking the car manual with the key in the door lock. Then switch the ignition on to reactive the keyless entry. If this does not work, you might also try pressing the fob unlock button with the key in the door lock until the dash led flashes.
each vehicle is different put the key in the ign. turn key on press door lock/unlock at the same timehold button for 10 sec see if any lights on the dash inst. panel blink if they do that means that the key fob was programmed to your vehicle i recommend a new key fob this will give you definative instructions on how to reprogram your fob
does the led on remote flash when pressed, if so try to initialise remote by inserting key in door barrel or ignition lockthen turning key, whilst doing this press and hold lock/unlock button. the led on dash should flash to show the key has been initialised, then remove key and test operation. If none of this works then a new remote and coding to car is needed by your nearest dealership
i presume little led in fob flashes when button pressed. Key needs to be initialised. Put key in door lock or ignition barrel and press unlock button watching led on dash, this should flash. remove key from lock, remote should now work
Maybe you can try this procedure to resyn your key. Initialization Procedure.
1. Open central locking system using the car key. 2. Get into the car and close all doors. 3. Using the car key, switch the ignition lock briefly to position "1" and then switch off again. (Please do this switching within 5 seconds or otherwise the system is not ready for initialization. 4. At the remote control key. Press the "OPEN" key (->) and keep holding. 5. When holding the "OPEN" key, press the "LOCK" button three time. 6. After pressing the "LOCK" button 3 times, release the "OPEN" button. 7. If the initialization process is sucessful, the door will lock and unlock immediately to confirm the process.