Question about 2002 Isuzu Trooper
Hello. TOD is an acronym for Torque On Demand. Basially it uses your vehicle computer to adjust the torque on the front wheels while in four wheel drive so that you can use four wheel drive on paved roads as well as on dirt roads or snow. If you wish to know more than most about TOD go to this site: http://www.moncha.com/vx_tod.html
Can you drive with the TOD light on, yes. Some folks drive like that for years.
Contrary to the clerk at advanced auto, you can scan the computer to find out what the issue is. Most often, the fix to your problem is:
1. Install a new four wheel drive switch or;
2. Install a new set of speed sensors (there are two).
If your vehicle has more than 60,000 miles on it, I would do both 1 and 2. Regards, Joe
PS kindly rate my answer. thank you.
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
I have the same issue but didnt show up till i had trannsmission rebuilt any help would be great.
all worked good untill new trannsmission was put in . could it be pinched or broke wire.
Posted on Mar 01, 2015
If you can tell us more details about the figure (graphics) of this warning signal, maybe can tell you details. Check your owner manual about instruments panel and signals (if you have it).
Sometimes any lights just are one remember about date for service, or service reminder. When the warning signals are RED, you need stop runing the car and check for the dealer or workshop.
Visit Autozone for free read codes.
Check Engine Light Tips 1. The Check Engine light tells you the computer found a problem with your vehicle's running condition.
2. If the vehicle is driving OK, a Check Engine light is not a reason to pull over. But get the problem fixed soon.
3. In testing areas, you will fail your emissions test if the Check Engine light is on.
4. Fuel economy generally suffers when the Check Engine light is on.
5. An extended warranty covers emissions-related components that can trigger the Check Engine light. More information is at: epa.gov/obd/warranties.htm.
6. When the Check Engine light is on, one or more "trouble code(s)" are stored in the computer.
7. You can read and erase trouble codes using inexpensive code-reader tools from auto-parts stores; the tools are very easy to use.
8. The problems identified by the codes are frequently easy to fix (such as a loose gas cap), but some are complex, requiring professional diagnosis.
9. A trouble code indicates a circuit where the problem was identified, not necessarily the component itself. Diagnosis is often necessary.
Commons reports tell us that vacuum solenoid-valve problems might cause the 4WD lamp to illuminate while in two-wheel-drive mode, or Alternator with fault.
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2015 | 2000 Isuzu Trooper
Aug 20, 2011 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper
Jan 05, 2011 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper
Dec 13, 2010 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper
Sep 13, 2010 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper
Jul 02, 2009 | 2001 Isuzu Trooper
Jul 01, 2009 | 1998 Isuzu Trooper
May 12, 2009 | 2002 Isuzu Trooper
7,187 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: