- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
GM OIL LIFE SYSTEM - RESETTING The engine oil life monitor will indicate when to change the engine oil - usually between 5 000 km (3,000 miles) and 16 000 km (10,000 miles) since the last oil change. Under severe conditions, the "CHANGE OIL SOON" light may be displayed before 5 000 km (3,000 miles). The vehicle must not be driven more than 16 000 km (10,000 miles) or 12 months without an oil change.
Reset the oil life monitor when the oil has been changed, use the following procedure:
Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.
Fully push and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.
If the Change Oil Soon light flashes, the system is resetting.
Start the vehicle.
The oil life will change to 100%.
If the Change Oil Soon light comes back on, the system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position without starting the engine. 2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. 3. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator flashes two times, or the display reads "OIL LIFE INDEX RESETTING 100%" then the system is resetting. 4. Turn the ignition key to "OFF", and then start the vehicle. 5. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes on and stays on, or CHANGE OIL SOON is displayed then the system did not reset and repeat the procedure.
1. To reset the OIL LIFE indictor if equipped with a Trip Computer, press the TRIP MODE button until the light appears next to OIL LIFE. 2. Press and hold the trip RESET button until the oil life percentage changes to 99%.
1994-99 BUICK LESABRE
CHANGE OIL SOON Light
1. CHANGE OIL SOON light will come on when engine oil has broken down enough to require changing. After changing oil, reset oil life display.
2. To reset light, turn ignition on. Open glove box to access oil reset button. Press and hold oil reset button in glove box for at least 5 seconds, but not longer
than 60 seconds. The CHANGE OIL SOON light will flash 4 times to indicate light has been reset.
FIRST press and release the setup button to display oil life= xxx then press and hold the reset button for about 2 sec it should then display oil life set to 100%
Just pressing the reset button when the change oil light comes on while driving will not reset the computer