1998 buick rivera turn signal combination problems
Right turn signal works, left turn signal does not work, wipers delay do not work nor come on, if you push wash feature then wiper blades work also cruise control does not work part number is 26052428 but according to buick it is discontinued
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Replace the Combination Switch as your Wiper/Washer, Turn Signal, Emergency Flasher and High/Low Head Lights are all in the same switch.
2. Fix the broken wire inside of the switch.
Here are the steps you need:
1. Tilt the stearing wheel up and remove the lower dash panel. (Three 8mm Hex screws)
2. Remove the steel anti-theft place behind the lower dash panel (Five 5/16 Hex screws)
3. Remove the lower stearing column panel (four phillips screws) There is one on the left, three on the right. You will have to look all the way back on the right rear to get this one as it is slightly hidden behind the dash frame.
4. Lift slightly on the upper stearing column panel and remove the two #10 Torx scress that secure the combination switch and disconnect the electrical plugs.
5. Assemble in reverse.
Now, if your problem is related to the delay circuitry of the Wipers, you can remove the 5 Torx screws in the combination switch which will allow you to seperate the two halves. When you do, there will be on plastic contact slide that will come out of the top and you will have to fish this back in when reassembling but it is quite easy.
There will be a three wire plug that also connects to from the top housing and feeds into your turn signal lever. Slide a small screw driver into the lock mechanism and pull free.
These three wires (Red, Blue and Yellow) are what control your wipers and wiper delay. If one of them is broken, you can resolder to fix the problem.
If the wires are not broken, then you likely will have to buy a switch as you cannot get inside of the sealed handle. However, you can use an ohm meter to test the function of the switch.
Total time to remove and replace the switch is about 30 minutes. To disassemble the switch, replair and reinstall is about 1 hour depending on your abilities.
if the right side blinks normal, the flasher MAY be OK?? do the hazard lights flash all lights?it should. make sure you have all the correct bulbs. if so, replace the flasher unit. if the right side works turn it on and follow the ticking to find th eunit.