- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sounds like the relay is not working, have you put a volt meter to see if the voltage is going threw the relay to charge the battery?
is the aux battery good? i purchased a cheap battery tester at walmart it will tell you if the batter is good or bad so either the relay is bad or the battery is bad and will not charge
There are simple conversion kits that basically just replace the service ports to use the r-134 type hoses, but it is best to have a pro evacuate system and flush it, draw a vacuum, add correct oil and freon. If the system has been empty or dead a while, best to replace dryer and orifice tube or expansion valve as well.
Hi there:the Audi manual never talks about a 2 stage aux fan just that the aux fan runs with ac on and it can run with out ac on if there is an overheat issue on the coolant side where as the a4 info clearly states a 2 stage aux fan system that would lead me to think the early 4.2 did not use a 2 stage system. Your car is not overheating and boiling over out of the coolant tank it is showing a little hotter than what would be perfect but it is still in what Audi calls acceptable range. The whole coolant system is new I would start looking at your sensor and gage systems there is a coolant sensor in the rad but that is most likely new if they replaced the rad. The gage uses a temp sensor on the engine for the gage I would replace that sensor and test the gage with a resistance input tool we have at the dealer. Could be a gouge or the wiring to it. There is a coolant fan module that could be defective if your sure there was a two speeds to the aux fan.
Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I`ll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.
If you can, pull the bulbs for the saloon lights and disconnect the radio. Put in another fuse. If it doesn't blow, the problem is in the lights or the radio. If it does blow, the problem is in the clock or some other item on the aux circuit. you may have to wait until the water dries out of the wire bundle or connector where it is shorting things out.