Question about Cars & Trucks
It has melted. Having worked at a dealer I have seen this before. Dealerships deal with problems like this often .They will know the correct bulb to put back in to keep from melting the housing.
Posted on Apr 21, 2009
The jiggle method is not enough you have to look at the wires. I just did and I found out that all six wires were broken close to the splice. That splice is located close to the back seat.
Hope it hepls.
Posted on Apr 23, 2009
Open the full hatch.
Pull down the weather strip near the rear dome light.
There should be a wire with a connector in it. Disconnect it
Close the full hatch.
Open just the window hatch. There is 1 screw on either side of the bulb housing.
Posted on May 01, 2009
This is quite a process....
1) Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2) Remove the rear shelf trim panel.
3) Disconnect the CHMSL electrical connector (1).
4) Remove the two mounting fasteners (3) to the CHMSL (2).
Installation is opposite of removal.
Rear shelf trim panel
1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2) Remover the right and left lower and upper C-pillar trim.
3) Remove the nut that secures the center rear seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel and feed the seat belt webbing back through the opening in the top of the rear shelf panel trim (2) to the retractor.
4) Remove the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim (2) to the rear shelf panel.
5) Slide the trim forward to disengage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the to the center of the shelf panel.
6) Remove the trim from the rear shelf panel.
1) Position the trim (2) onto the rear shelf panel(3).
2) Slide the rear edge of the trim rearward to engage the lens bezel of the center high-mounted stop lamp and far enough to engage the S-clip that secures the underside of the trim to the center of the shelf panel.
3) Install the push-pin fastener (1) that secures the trim to the rear shelf panel.
4) Pull the center rear seat belt lower anchor and belt webbing from the retractor through the opening the the top of the rear shelf panel trim and back down to the stud on the floor panel.
5) Install and tighten the nut that secures the seat belt lower anchor to the stud on the floor panel. Tighten the nut to 34 N m (25 ft. lbs.).
6) Reinstall the right and left upper and lower C-pillar trim.
7) Connect the battery negative cable.
C-pillar trim removal
Hope this all gets it done for you........
Posted on Mar 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2014 | 2007 Dodge Caravan SXT Minivan New Cars
Feb 01, 2011 | 1998 Saturn SL
Dec 30, 2010 | 1992 Plymouth Acclaim
Aug 25, 2010 | 1998 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Aug 07, 2010 | Buick LeSabre Cars & Trucks
Jul 04, 2010 | 1992 Oldsmobile 88
May 15, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Apr 10, 2010 | 2002 Buick LeSabre
Feb 18, 2010 | 1988 Buick LeSabre
May 26, 2009 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
Usually answered in minutes!