Question about Dodge Cars & Trucks
Dodge ram 1500 99 cuts off when I put it in drive then won't shift out first gear (auto transmission) @
Hi, Christopher for more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Feb 14, 2020
I had the same problem with my 96 Ram 1500. I thought I was going to have to pull it out and get it rebuilt or just replace it. That was at 134,000Km it's now got 210,000 and shifting like a dream. What I did to solve the problem was this, as follows:
1. No lucas transmission Fix makes things worse.
2. Get your self a new transmission filter and gasket
3. Grab Gunk transmission medic 12oz
4. Grab 7 Liters of Valvoline ATF+4 transmission fluid (Made for chrysler transmissions)
5. Drop the trans pan and drain all the oil, clean pan and magnet
6. start truck for 5 seconds and the pump will pour out another 1 liter
7. re-install filter, gasket and pan, then add your Valvoline ATF+4
8. Add, the valvoline, transmission medic and make sure you have the right level of fluid
That solved my transmission problems, instantly it was shifting better, I no longer had to let off the gas to make it shift. Now if you have large pieces of metal on the magnet, and it's totally covered in filings, you might want to consider rebuilding the trans. My magnet had usual clutch.
Anyhow good luck, let me know if it did the trick for you.
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
SOURCE: 94 dodge neon auto tranny
Here is some possible reasons why your transmission is having those problems .
* The gear shift linkage is binding
* There is an internal problem in the transmission
* The throttle cable is broken or disconnected
* The vacuum modulator on the transmission is faulty or the vacuum line is damaged
* The electronic transmission control circuit may be faulty
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Jan 07, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2016 | 2003 Dodge Neon
Dec 19, 2015 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2013 | 1996 Dodge Ram
May 20, 2011 | 1999 Dodge Ram
Oct 29, 2009 | 1996 Dodge Ram
Oct 07, 2008 | 1999 Dodge Ram
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!