Question about 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Were talking about the key fob battery.right?? try holding both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time while pointing the key fob at dashboard/drivers side door area.give it at least 10-20 seconds and see if that resets it.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
You will have to take it back to a dealer. Next time have the dealership change the battery, They can do it without having to reprogram it. Keys have a lot of stored data and can be corrupted to the point of having to buy a brand new key, which can run a couple hundred buck. Had a BMW and lost the keys, had to wait two weeks for a key. Had to come from Germany....
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
I have a 1997 s280, and have laods of problems with they key fob, it takes 2 3volt batteries but when replacing them with new ones, the fob didnt work, i discovered that if you jam a piece of paper down the sides of the batteriesthen put the cover on it just makes the fit tighter and works spot on, hope this helps
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
Try reprogramming it.
1. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 6 seconds.
2. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote.
The system will chime once to confirm programming.
4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote.
System will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.
Posted on May 28, 2009
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
SOURCE: Neither of 2 standard fobs works
sit in the car
point remote at the mirror ir sensor (1995)
press remote twice and within 30 second
insert key and turn to drive position
if you don't havemirror mounted ir sensors
point at your sensor location
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Testimonial: "Unable use either of standard fobs for months. You have solved the problem at a stroke. Many thanks.One works.I must find the other!!"
Hell, and welocme to FixYa!
The remote comes apart, the front half detatchs from the back half, a small screwdriver is all you need.
The battery is easily removed once the case of the fob is open.
There is no need for any reprogramming once the battery is changed; the computer remembers the frequency of the transmitter.
Posted on Mar 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2018 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
May 02, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Feb 15, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 15, 2014 | 2008 Porsche Cayenne
Oct 19, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2011 | 2003 Ford Expedition
Aug 03, 2010 | 2007 Hyundai Entourage Limited Minivan
Aug 05, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango
Jul 10, 2009 | 2001 Lexus Gs 300
May 21, 2016 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
10,343 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: