Question about 2002 Honda Accord
My battery died on my 2002 Honda Accord. On one of the websites it gave instructions on how to find the number for the stereo by pushing the 1 and 6 presets at the same time and then turning the radio on. When I did that I got this: U1119 L2072. Can you help me get the code to unlock my stereo system with the information I have given you?
What you have is the SERIAL NUMBER. Your almost there!!! The hard part is over! Go to the bottom below for the website option or phone number option you need to get the unlock code!!!
*** Please click the "Was this helpful? Yes" (thumbs up)! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
I have a 2002 Honda Accord SE. You need to punch in the 5 number code. When I bought my Honda the sales lady wrote the code down on the first page of the owners manual. They do this so if someone steals your radio they won't be able to use it. Art in D town
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
MAYBE THE U1119 IS THE UNIT NUMBER AND L2072 IS THE LOCK CODE? JUST TRYING TO HELP. HOPE IT WORKS. PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED. THANKS FOR USING FIX-YA AND FOR AN HONEST RATING..
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2015 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
Jan 13, 2015 | 2002 Honda Accord
Dec 31, 2011 | 2002 Honda Accord
Feb 01, 2011 | 2002 Honda Accord
Oct 19, 2010 | 1993 Honda Accord
Sep 09, 2010 | 2002 Honda Accord
Nov 03, 2009 | 2002 Honda Accord
Sep 21, 2009 | 2002 Honda Accord
Aug 14, 2009 | 2002 Honda Accord
1,099 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!