Patrick J Farone wants answers to this question 2017
5 different engines, which one?>
USA car? why skip that,?
ever seen a starter ever,
ever do work on one ever? be key fact to know, right?
Patrick. most engines are the same, 99%
the only real question is it top or bottom access
but no engine stated so that cant be answered, the 2.4 is top
why piggy-back? generic>
1: pull neg. battery lug or boom eat acid and go blind.
2: jackup car, to stands, on jack stands,
3: see starter there, any shelds off now. gain access is NOW.
4: remove all wires to it now.
5: remove all base bolts, it falls and hits your head, duck please.
6: reverse above, should not have to be said but there.
watch 100s do it on Utube yet? no lack of examples there.
all cars same once seen with eyes have you?
now ill do 2.0/2.4L jeeps (from the SM, usa issue)
- Open hood.
- Remove air cleaner box and air tube.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable
- Remove starter motor mounting bolt.
- Disconnect the electrical connector at throttle body.
- Remove Throttle body bolts and remove throttle body.
- push starter under intake manifold.
- Tip starter nose toward cooling module.
- Pull starter up and out.
- Disconnect starter motor wiring.
- Remove starter motor from vehicle.