Question about Land Rover Cars & Trucks
I tried , put in gear,heard whirring sound but no movement.
I would say yes. Thinking about it, there isn't any risk of damage, Is it an all wheel drive or do you engage the front axles to drive in 4x4 when both shafts are fitted and operating mechanically sound? I had an 2005 Grand Jeep Cherokee and I drove it on the front axles for about 2 weeks, I didn't go over 80 k's an hour. The only thing is be sure to Check out your hand brake. Make sure you pull it on every time. From memory I think park brake works off the end of transfer case.
Pretty sure you will be ok as I was, but don't go crazy driving it. Just poke around town.
Posted on Apr 24, 2019
There are adjustment screws on the rockets according to RAVE.
The procedure is as follows:
1) Rotate the engine clockwise until No 1 injector lobe is at full lift.
2) Rotate rocker adjusting screw clockwise until the injector plunger is felt to bottom out.
3) Rotate rocket adjusting screw anti-clockwise one complete turn to give plunger the required bump clearance and tighten rocker arm adjusting screw locknut to 16Nm. Ensure the screw does not turn as the locknut is tightened.
4) Carry out the procedure for the remaining 4 rocker arms.
5) After completion of rocker arm adjustment slowly rotate engine clockwise 2 complete turns by hand to ensure that no injectors are bottoming out on their plungers.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
The code P1451 on a Land Rover is "Leakage Detection Module Motor power stage error Drive cycle A:Signal out of range - above maximum". This is an OBD-II diagnostic system code. As far as I know, a 1995 Land Rover Discovery does not use a OBD-II system. Is it possible that this rover is a later model year
Posted on Feb 25, 2010
No need for a diagram, to drain the oil, there's a drain plug on the bottom of the transfer box, under the handbrake drum. To fill, the fill plug is about in line with the centre of the handbrake drum and to the left. I think both plugs are 1/2" square. Fill to overflow with Texaco Multi-Gear 75W/90R. Takes about 2L or so.
Posted on Feb 25, 2010
In the engine fuse box under the bonnet ,relay is the closest one to the front of the vehicle ,about £7 to replkace
Posted on Jun 09, 2010
SRS light can come on under the following cases mentioned below:
The most preeminent problem would be concerned with the air bag.
Posted on Nov 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 11, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 31, 2010 | 1999 Land Rover Discovery
May 09, 2010 | 2000 Land Rover Discovery
Dec 28, 2009 | 2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II
Oct 11, 2009 | 1995 Land Rover Discovery
Oct 20, 2008 | 1996 Land Rover Discovery
Sep 12, 2019 | Land Rover Cars & Trucks
Jun 30, 2019 | Land Rover Cars & Trucks
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!