Question about Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Something wrong with the shift lock system maybe. Safety system that won't allow the gear selector to move from park unless the driver is pushing the brake pedal . Do your brake light's work ? Does your caddy have floor or column shift ?
Automatic Transmission Shift Lock Control Description and Operation (Floor Shift)
The automatic transmission shift lock control system is a safety device that prevents an inadvertent shift out of PARK when the engine is running. The driver must press the brake pedal before moving the shift lever out of the PARK position. The system consists of the following components:
• The automatic transmission shift lock solenoid (serviced as the automatic transmission shift lock actuator), as well as the body control module (BCM) and the engine control module (ECM).The shift lock solenoid is located within the floor shift control assembly with vehicles equipped with floor shift.
• The BCM controls the voltage supply circuit of the shift lock control solenoid. The following conditions must be before the BCM will supply voltage to the shift lock control solenoid.
The BCM controls the voltage to the shift lock control solenoid through the shift lock control solenoid controlled voltage circuit. The following conditions must be met before the BCM will supply voltage to the shift lock solenoid:
• The ignition is in the ON position.
• The ECM sends an input via GMLAN serial data to the BCM indicating the transmission is in the PARK position.
• The BCM determines the brake pedal is applied according the brake pedal position.
Since the shift lock control solenoid is permanently grounded, the BCM supplies voltage to the automatic transmission shift lock control solenoid, mechanically unlocking the shift lever allowing the driver to move the shift lever out of the PARK position as the solenoid energizes. When the brake pedal is not applied, the BCM turns the control voltage output of the shift lock control solenoid OFF, de-energizing the shift lock control solenoid. The de-energized solenoid mechanically locks the shift lever in the PARK position.
During remote start operation, the BCM will de-energize the shift lock control circuit, locking the shift lever in the PARK position.
Posted on Jul 22, 2018
SOURCE: gear shifter
It sounds like you might need some transmission fluid or you might need a transmission fluid change. In the worst case senario you will need a code reader to ***** the situation. Also was this car from America or was it from Europe because there is a difference in transmission capabilities.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
If nothing else you can temp over ride neutral safety switch until you fix linkage or sensor
temp over ride neutral safety switch Bing Videos
Posted on May 19, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 26, 2016 | 2009 Cadillac DTS
Feb 03, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 19, 2015 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
If you cannot shift out of PARK (P), ease the pressure on the shift lever. Push the shift lever all the way into PARK (P) as you maintain brake application. Then move the shift lever into the gear you want. If you are still having a problem shifting, then have your vehicle serviced soon.
Feb 27, 2015 | 2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan
Jan 27, 2015 | 2006 Cadillac DTS
Jun 28, 2013 | 2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS
Jun 19, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 29, 2010 | 1994 Cadillac Eldorado
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: