I Bought an X Reg (2000)Almera about 2 months ago. The Air Con wheel does not engage (Spin) at all when the button is pressed even tho the light on the dash comes on. I've tried turning the air con wheel by hand in case the pump had seized but it moves freely. I've checked both fuses inside and engine compartment and they are both Ok. Any ideas what to do next?? Thanks in advance
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should have either a "snow flake " looking button that willl turn it on and off. The other style is all controls with air conditioning are in blue. All functions with air conditioning is not colored blue. You will have air conditioning on automatically if you run the defrost.
Does yours have AUTO hubs, there are some luxory models have auto hubs, these rely on difference in drive on the axles,(wheel spin) others have manual locking hubs, these actually need to be engaged manually, these require you to twist the centre of the hub to engage and disengage the front hubs, these sometimes require you to reverse to disengage properly, Rodeo had both depending on model. Happy New Year
"KEY FOB PROGRAMMING
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and
unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key?s.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key?s for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds."
I might be a few months too late for you, but someone else may benefit.
Problem is a bit vague...
GOT 2 keys.... 2 new keys or the 2 keys that used to work ?
A locksmith should be able to re-instate keys that previously worked, because the keys should be fine, just the system is confused.
when battery was disconnected, was anything on the steering column serviced ?
If this was helpful, please post a nice review for City Lock in Boulder
Colorado listings on Google Maps, Yahoo etc. This listing will link you
to my website as well. On my website are resources for finding a
legitimate locksmith near you. Be sure you are hiring a REAL locksmith!
You have a resistor array assembly going out. What you described is typical of the first resistor going out and over loading the second, which goes out and overloads the third. Replace the HVAC resistor array. Don't buy a used one. Spend the extra money on the new OEM dealer item. Good luck to you.
Try resetting your 4x4 computer. You will need to pull the courtesy lamp and ATC fuses for 1 minute then reinstall fuses, next cycle key on and off 5 times. this is a common problem with an easy fix. Please rate.