Question about Honda CRX
there is a brace/bracket on the tract that came off, you'll have to remove the glass for access. and try to reinstall or replace it.....not fun....GL
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
Ebay is the best option, but you will have to keep searching or set up your account to receive emails when a brat item is listed. I am currently restoring an 85 brat as we speak.
Posted on Feb 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 30, 2011 | 1996 Ford Explorer
Jun 04, 2010 | 1988 Jeep Cherokee
Jun 03, 2010 | 1999 Chevrolet Blazer
Dec 23, 2017 | 2003 Pontiac Sunfire
Apr 10, 2010 | 2004 Kia Optima
Nov 04, 2009 | 2002 Nissan Xterra
May 06, 2009 | 1990 Nissan Maxima
Mar 18, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler 300
Mar 07, 2009 | 1994 Acura Integra
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: