Question about 1998 Toyota Corolla
Unless you have really small hands, you are going to have to unbolt the battewry bracket, and move the battery backwards as far as possible. Then you will be able to see the connection where the bulb socket mounts behind the headlamp. There are 2 different styles of bulbs that you may find...
If you see a large rubber ring, remove it, and undo the silver clip to extract the bulb.
If the wiring/socket goes directly into the back of the headlamp, simply twist the socket 1/4 turn, and pull it out.
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
In 1998 the 1zz-fe engine was intoduced. Toyota only added variable valve timing in the 2000-2002 1zz Corolla engines. Same engine same parts and components
Computers should not need swapped but you could go to the dealer and ask for the part number for 1998-2002 ECU's for Corolla. This is the electronic control modul on the car that runs the engines.It is usually located under the dash by the passengers side glove box.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tools required: Phillips screwdriver, small flatblade screwdriver, rachet with 6 inch extension & 10mm socket.
1. Remove negative battery terminal (for stray voltage & airbags.)
2. Remove gear shift trim
3. Remove cable attached to lighter socket.
4. Remove center climate control knob and screw beneath it.
5. Gently pry both bottom corners of climate control face (up then towards the rear) until clear of lock.
6. Pull entire climate control console rearward until clips release. Leave all wiring attached.
7. Remove 4 bolts under radio (10mm.)
8. Gently pry between dash and AC ducting panel (both sides) and pull out.
9. 4 clip hold radio to ducting panel, gently pry while pulling radio out the back.
The rest should be easy...
9. 4 clips hols radio to
Posted on Aug 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2017 | 1998 Toyota Sienna
Jan 15, 2011 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks
Nov 06, 2010 | 2003 Toyota Corolla
Dec 04, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
Jul 20, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
Jul 15, 2009 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
Apr 10, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Corolla
Mar 13, 2009 | 1999 Toyota Corolla
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!