Question about Cars & Trucks
What pieces do I need
If you have a normal MP3, then what you need is a USB cable. Connect your MP3 to laptop and then transfer from folder to folder.
If you have an iPod, then in addition to a USB cable, you still need iTunes or other third party software to help you transfer. You can read on this tutorial for help: https://www.leawo.org/entips/how-to-transfer-music-to-ipod-without-itunes.html?fixya=1409
Posted on Sep 15, 2021
ITunes -Sync MP3 Files to Your iPhone
How do put music on my mp3from my laptop Google Search
Posted on Dec 13, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Adaptor set comprising 1x adaptor for iPod/iPhone and 1x adaptor for USB for the connection to the Audi Music Interface. The ipod adaptor cable provides power and intuitive control of the device through the MMI and multi-function steering wheel."
It will plug in to the glovebox, there is a connector in the back (although it should originally be in the centerconsole in some cars). Will cost you about 50 GBP or US$64.
If there is no AMI interface installed, you're out of luck and you will need to do the AMI retrofit, you will need these parts:
(1) 4L0 055 307 A - Media unit wiring harness
(1) WSK 014 720 - Installation instructions
(1) 4L0 864 981 E 6PS - Media compartment
(1) 4L0 864 515 A 6PS - Cover
(1) 4L0 898 283 - Spring set
(2) WHT 001 250 A - Plastic pins
(2) N 906 986 06 - Torx screw (for media housing)
(1) 4L0 863 269 4PK - Protective piece
(2) N 909 187 01 - Torx screw (for protective piece)
(1) 4E0 057 785 XX - AMI control unit
This will set you back about US$ 800, and about 5 hours work.
check this link for instructions how to install this:
Usually answered in minutes!