the shifter cable (not TV kick down)
you detact it from the shifter (removed)
the detach it from the tranny.
it has 2 ends, detach them.
of never done a cable change on anything or on A/T
the RTM read the manual, read the FSM (Suz)
or loging to alldata.com and read that there.
the odd thing, ive never seen one fail, way do you think its bad, collision damage?
here is a quote from the pull tranny page, it might help
but most books (cept a real FSM)
do not cover , the minor steps , they are basics
Transmission Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the transfer case oil, if equipped.
- Remove or disconnect the following:
- Negative battery cable
- Center console and transfer case shift lever, if equipped
- Transmission dipstick tube
- Transmission wiring harness connectors
- Starter motor
- Front driveshaft, if equipped
- Rear driveshaft
- Gear select cable and bracket
- Throttle Valve (TV) cable, if equipped
- Exhaust front pipe
- Transmission oil cooler lines
- Transmission brace
- Flywheel access cover
- Torque converter
- Speedometer cable, if equipped
- Vehicle Speed (VSS) sensor connector, if equipped
- Transmission flange bolts and nuts
- Transmission braces, if equipped
- Support the transmission with a jack and remove the transmission mount and crossmember.
- Place a wooden block at the rear of the cylinder head as shown to support the engine when the transmission is removed.
- Lower the transmission away from the vehicle.