I have a 3s 2000cc egine, the problem is high fuel consumption. Imagin 1lt only going for 6km. Please help.
As you have not stated the vehicle MODEL or Year of Manufacture, I will provide a 'general' solution:
There could be numerous causes for high fuel consumption, but if you have used this amount of fuel in such a short journey, there would have to be leaking fuel somewhere.
However, the only true method to measure "ACTUAL" fuel consumption (disregard trip computer) is:
- Completely fill tank to a pre-determined point inside the fuel tank filler tube.
- Set your cluster Trip Meter to: 0000
- Drive vehicle for 6 - 15km and return back to the same gas station pump used previously.
- Completely fill tank to the same point inside the fuel tank filler tube, where filled previously.
- Note the quantity of litres required to fill to that same point in the filler tube.
- Divide the litres used, by the total Km travelled on your Trip Meter.
- If the value calculates less than 20 (carburettor engine); less than 15 (EFI engine), then consumption is acceptable.
Note: if value is above these numbers, then you have a fuel leak, or a problem with your vehicle's carburettor adjustment. EFI engines can have numerous causes, including electronic sensor faults etc.
Jun 13, 2011 |
Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks