When my wife left for work this morning she started the car went about 400 feet down our driveway stopped then started to pull out onto the highway when the car died across both lanes of traffic. She started it put it in drive and it died again, whereas she started it again put it in reverse then backed it into the driveway. I went out to the car ten minutes later and it ran just fine any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
it's probably either the inline fuel filter or could be the pump in the tank,i would try replacing the line filter first(NOT TO EXPENCIVETO REPLACE)try driving it around awhile see if that works 1'st.rate this .thank's
1. Had mechanic check timing again. Belt off a couple degrees. Should fix problem.
2. Don't know. this is my son-in-laws car.
4. I think valves were bent due to timing belt breaking and son-in-law trying to start car when it went dead.
5. Will do this if timing belt reset don't work.
Thanks for your reply.