- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not without clearing codes. And if the check engine light is on due to an actual problem, it can turn the other warning light on too so you know those systems are disabled. Usually a problem with ABS or traction control will not turn on the check engine light.
Your owners manual would talk more about what the lights mean.
I would have the engine computer scanned for trouble codes first.
could mean anything from your windshield washer fluid is low to a bulb is out on the car..im pretty sure its just a warning light, u have to start up the power in the car (ACC) but not actually turning the engine..then use the button on the end of the blinker wand to access the "check control" this should tell you whats up
This is an engine warning light.Check all fluid levels.Check all electrical and non electrical connections to the engine. If no apparent faults seem to exist, then have a garage performa diagnostic trouble code search on the vehicle's ECU
Volkswagen vehicles built after 1996 are equippedwith a system of sensors known as On Board Diagnostics (OBD II). These sensorsmonitor many vital engine functions and help to lower harmful emissions. Whenone of these sensors fails it sends a signal to the engine computer to illuminate the "CheckEngine" light in the dash. To clear this light you will need a diagnosticcode scanner. Scanners range in price from $40 to $120 and are available atmost auto parts stores.
1. Connect the diagnostic code scanner to the vehicle's diagnostic port. Theport will be located in the dash below the heater controls..
2. Turn the key to the"Run" position, but do not start the engine.
3. Press the button on thescanner that reads "Scan for trouble codes."
4. Wait for the scanner to finishscanning the engine's computer.
5. Press the button on thescanner labeled "Clear all trouble codes."
6. Disconnect the diagnostic codescanner from the vehicle.
Read more: How to Reseta Volkswagen Check Engine Light ' eHow.com