Question about 2002 Lexus LX 470
Locating the starter
The starter is located under the intake manifold in between the twu cylinder heads, the entire intake system has to be removed to replace the starter.
Posted on May 29, 2014
SOURCE: 2000 Lexus LX 470 won't start
put battery on charge for a at least a day if not two before you start interfering with with anything.Sounds like a flat battery or battery not holding enough reserve amperage power.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
sets below the intake manifold and takes about 5 hours to replace even if you are handy with cars it is a big job to take on.after doing over 50 or more for an old recall it still takes me about 2 hours to complete.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Open the tailgate and then you must unsnap the carpeted part. It's easier with two people as the plastic part that says "Lexus" has to be pulled up out of the way as it will spring back in place if someone is not holding it. Don't be afraid to pull on the carpeted part; it will snap back with ease. When it's off you will see where the lights are. There are three screws you must undo so you can take off the metal cover. Should be pretty easy from there!
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Pull the wheels off the back of the car. remove the rubber plug on the rotor hub and rotate the rotor to where the hole is on the bottom and look in there. you should be able to see a sprocket. take a long flathead screwdriver and move it up or down until the rotor does not freely move. then turn it two times in the opposite direction. do this for both sides then you should be good to go! good luck!
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2011 | 2001 Lexus LX 470
Oct 29, 2010 | 2003 Lexus LX 470
Feb 27, 2010 | 2003 Lexus LX 470
Dec 27, 2009 | 2005 Lexus Lx 470
Jun 23, 2009 | 2004 Lexus GX 470
Jun 12, 2009 | 2001 Lexus LX 470
May 20, 2009 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: