P1682 Chevrolet - Ignition 1 Switch Circuit 2
- Faulty ignition switch
- Ignition Switch harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
What does this mean? What does this mean?
When is the code detected?
The ECM has detected a voltage deifference between two circuits
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible no crank or start
P1682 Chevrolet Description
There are 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits supplied to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The first ignition circuit is provided by the powertrain relay, through a fuse. This ignition 1 voltage circuit supplies power to all the internal ECM circuits associated with the throttle actuator control (TAC) operation. The second ignition 1 voltage circuit is supplied by the run/crank relay through a fuse, and is used to power the remaining internal ECM circuits. If the ECM detects a voltage difference between the 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits, DTC P1682 will set
Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p1682_chevrolet.html#ixzz3dr4CYBUT