- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My experience has always been to replace the current station preset with the new.
I recall two process:
The first locate the new station that you want and tune the radio to the station. Press and hold the specific preset for several seconds to replace the old station with the new.
Tune the radio to the new station and press the set button if so equipped and than press the preset button. In some radios they have group 1 and group 2. In that case press the set button once for set 1 and press it twice for set 2 and then press the preset button.
1. Connect the FM antenna and the AM loopantenna at the back of the unit. Rotate the AM loop for better reception.
2. Press AM/FM.
3. Tune a station by pressing TUNER+/-repeatedly until the desired station is found.Alternatively, you can press and hold thesame buttons down for about one second toactivate the automatic search function. Inthis mode the unit will automatically tunefrequencies until it finds a station.
4. Repeat step 3 to tune to another radio station.
5. Press AM/FMto select between FM and AM.Storing Radio Stations
The unit can store up to 40 radio stations (30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) in its memory. You can enter every single radio station yourself or the unit can store all available radio stations automatically in ascending order
Automatic Preset Programming
1. Press AM/FM to enter the AM/FM mode.
2. Press and hold AM/FM for two seconds to start automatic preset programming.
3. Radio frequencies will be browsed and radiostations stored automatically. When all the available radio stations are stored or all 40(30 preset stations for FM and 10 preset stations for AM) memory locations are full,the auto preset programming function will stop.
1. Tune to a radio station (see "Manual tuning"for details).
2. Press MEMORY. While the Program Preset number is still flashing, input your desired preset number using the numeric buttons or press CH+/-, then press MEMORY to store it.
Retrieving Preset Stations
1. Press AM/FM to enter the Tuner mode.
2. Press CH +/- to search up or down for thepreset stations or directly press the numeric buttons.
At the bottom of your info screen you will see a series on almost square selector buttons, these select your channel presets and slightly below them above the cassette player and left of center will be your tuning/track buttons with little arrows for channel up or down. Select your preference a.m. or f.m., then with the tune /track buttons, then use the buttons to tune to the desired station. then push and hold for 3 seconds on the button position at bottom ledge of the info screen to lock your selection.
Holding the button is supposed to work. This from owner's manual:
PRESETTING A STATION:
Tune in the desired station.
Push one of the station selector buttons (1-6) and hold it until a beep is heard. This sets the station to the button and the button number (1-6) appears on the display.
Each button can store one AM station and two FM stations. To change the preset station to a different one, follow the same procedure.
The preset station memory is cancelled when the power source is interrupted by battery disconnection or a blown fuse.
As the consumer there is nothing U can do to fix this problem, the error code is for a radio technician with the right technical publications and tools to fix the problem, you will have to pull the radio/CD player and send it out for repair with an authorized Lexus sound system repair station.
Try just holding the button of choice down. In my Audi, when I had a factory head unit, to set for example, preset 2, I'd just tune to the station I wanted to program, and then hold down the number 2 preset button until the display stopped blinking. It was then preset.