- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Some service indicators can be reset and some owners handbooks give instructions for doing so. Some indicators can only be reset using dedicated diagnostic equipment.
VW use both types depending on whether the vehicle is programmed for normal service intervals or longlife intervals. I suggest you seek advice from your local dealer.
in most of the cars and that includes your car, oil should be changed every about 5000km, not 2000km, if you drive long distances with constant speed and do not stress engine much, this distance can be extended to 10000km. it is always better to change oil and oil filter at same time.
SERVICE INTERVAL REMINDER If equipped with a service reminder flag, the oil and oil filter service interval reminder flags will activate after every 7500 miles of operation. To reset indicators, insert ignition key into slots below indicator flags at lower right corner of instrument cluster. Push key in until reminder window changes from Red to Green.
It's normal service interval indicator reminding you of oil change, service, etc... If you've done the service then have someone w/ an OBII scanner rest the light for you. You can buy the scanner for about $60
Try this procedure and let me know if it does not work.
1. Ignition key in the "Off" or "0" position.
2. Press and hold the odometer button and turn the ignition key to the "Accessory" or "1" position.
3. Keep the odometer button pressed in until you see the following words in the display, "oil service", or "inspection" with "reset" or "re".
4. Press and hold down the odometer button again until "reset" or "re" flash.
5. While the display is flashing, press the odometer button again briefly but do not hold it down this time to reset the service interval indicator. After the display has shown a new service interval then "END SIA" should appear in the display for two seconds.
If the procedure fails the first time then repeat the procedure and it should clear the service interval indicator.
This is a mileage interval light that trips every 3,000 to 5,000 miles that indicates an oil change is necessary. You do not need a special tool to change your oil, nor do you need to bring the car in to the dealer. 1. Sit in the driver's seat of the Passat and close all the doors. 2. Position the trip/odometer button to display the odometer mileage reading, then hold it down with the forefinger on your left hand. 3. Turn the ignition key to the "key-on/engine-off" position to turn on all the power options for the Passat without actually starting the engine. At this point, a service indicator light will display (in the form of a wrench). 4. Press the minute adjustment button on the clock (or turn the knob clockwise on European manufactured Passats) and release the trip/odometer button. Good luck and thank you using Fixya
Perform service indicator warning is a heads up that another oil change is needed. Your vehicles computer calculates a duty cycle for service intervals; Driving distance, stop and go etc... Change the engine oil, and reset the alert, and you'll be fine.
2. Press and hold odometer button and turn key to 1 or acc. position... like you're turning the car on, but don't crank the engine.
3. Keep button pressed until any of the following words appear in
display: "oil service" or "inspection", with "reset" or "re". For
vehicles with "high cluster", the fuel amount (in litres) remaining
until next service is displayed (i.e. 3224).
4. Press and hold button again until "reset" or "re" flash.
5. While display is flashing, press button briefly to reset service
interval indicator. After display has shown new interval, the following
will appear in display for approx. 2 seconds:"END SIA"
Hello Ben, Service intervals in North America are oil changes at 8000 km, schedule maint with cabin filters and air intake filters, tire rotation and brake inspection, at 16,000km intervals.Given where you are located under extreme heat you could advance the intervals by 20% early. If you have your manual package this will be detailed inside. Toyota developed a high grade oil filter years ago with exceptional filtration. If you decide to use aftermarket filters change oil around 5,000 km instead. Don't touch electronics until the vehicle indicates and issue. Trans fluid around 72,000 should be fine. All these should be outlined in your manuals and in theh warranty cover booklet as well. You have chosen and EXCELLENT vehicle