Question about Chrysler Dodge
I started my car and the recently installed uconnect radio asked to enter an anti theft code
Posted by Anonymous on
SOURCE: CAINT GET MY 2001 DODGE STRATUS STARTED AFTER REMOVING BATTERYTHE ALARM OR ANTI THEFT DEVICE IS ON THERE IS A RED BLINKING LIGHT ON AT THE LEFT OF THE STERRING WHEEL SAID WE NEED CODE BUT DONT KNOW IT
when they installed the alarm they also in stalled a valette switch on your ride this is to shut off the alarm im looking for the site for your remote that has the way to get your code back in but for now find the valette switch which can be under dash or right side driver kick panel you might have to hold the vallette switch for 5 seconds till it goes off i will post the other solution once i find it for you
Posted on May 19, 2008
There should be a relay under the hood for the security system, if you can not find it, try jacking the front of the car up, it should have a sensor that tells it that it is being towed and should turn off, unless of course it has a bad wire that is grounding out.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
SOURCE: theft deterrent
call 1888mitsu2001, choose option #4, then hit * (star). give the operator the last 8 numbers in your vin and they will provide the radio code for FREE!
DO NOT PAY FOR THE CODE ONLINE OR GO TO THE DEALER (they will also charge you).
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
on most hondas you have to pull the radio and get the code of the back then call the dealer, however I am pretty sure on that car you just write down the vin number and call the dealer I emphasize on call so they dont charge you
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
*** Please click the "Was this helpful" Yes thumbs up! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: