Question about 1994 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

1994 plymouth grand voyager need a torsional damper puller

We have no othe way to remove the torsional damper and the manual says we need a special tool to remove the damper, namely a vibrational damper/steering wheel puller. Any way to do it without the tool or where the tool could be found/rented?

Posted by Anonymous on

  • Marvin
    Marvin May 11, 2010

    if u don't have the special tool u will ruin the crankshaft end.



1 Answer


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 14 Answers

You should be able to rent the tool from an advanced auto or a autozone, you leave a deposit that you will get back when you are done with the tool. it ends up to be free when you return it. a service they offer for there customers.

Posted on Apr 10, 2009


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Power steering pump

first you remove the pulley with a pulley removel tool you should be able to rent one from parts store.then remove lines,then pump
I am replacing mine today..the pump itself will come with all the information you need except the fact that you need a special puller to remove the power steering pully. I tryed the conventional three prong puller and found the 4" is to big to get in there to grab thre front of the pully due to the low placement and the body and air conditioner lines in the way..I am on my way back to the auto parts store to see if I can purchase the right puller..back later with price and availability and how it worked out...good luck terry hope help!

May 30, 2012 | 1994 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

How does the torsional damper come off? Do you use a puller or does the center bolt need to be taken off? If the center bolt needs taken off how do you hold the damper from turning

the center bolt comes off first then a puller is used to remove the damper
The puller pulls straight off and the crank will not turn on you when removing it. Pullers can be rented at Auto Zone of a good one can be purchased. Do not buy one of those cheap ones for they do break

Sep 24, 2011 | Plymouth Grand Voyager Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

How do you remove the Harmonic Balancer for a 1998 plymouth voyager

the best thing to use is called a chain wrench -- for a cheap one to buy, try harbor freight if available, or perhaps your local parts store has a tool borrowing program.
Best regards

Sep 11, 2011 | 1998 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

How do you remove the crankshaft pulley from a 1996 plymouth voyager 3.0

You need a special puller,sometimes available from places like autozone for rent. Otherwise you need to buy it from the dealer or snap-on,mac,etc.

Apr 12, 2010 | 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager

1 Answer

Seal is leaking and I am not sure how to remove the power steering pump on my 96 plymouth grand voyager with the 3.3 engine

the pump has to come out from under the vehicle. there should be 3 15mm bolts holding it on to a bracket. u will need to remove the lines and will need a pully puller to remove the pully. it can be quite a messy job to do at home if thats your plan.

Jan 26, 2010 | 1996 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

What do i have to do to do to remove the harmonic balancer on 1999 plymouth voyager?

remove the large bolt in the middle of it, but you need a special puller on chrysler engines,they have a spacer bar to push in hole of crank

Dec 01, 2009 | 1998 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

Will a distributor from a 1994 plymouth voyager with 3.0 engine fit a 1997 plymouth voyager 3.0?

I don't think so, 1996 was the change in computer systems for all cars and trucks

May 17, 2009 | 1997 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer


I have a '94 3.8 eng and I believe the method is the same. It must be removed from down under the vehicle. Jack up the car and place on jack stands. You'll have to twist and turn a bit but that is the only way I know of how to replace.
[email protected]

Apr 14, 2009 | 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager

Not finding what you are looking for?
1994 Plymouth Voyager Logo

Related Topics:

105 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plymouth Experts


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Jeffrey Turcotte
Jeffrey Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

8984 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14850 Answers

Are you a Plymouth Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides