Question about 2001 Lexus LX 470
How do I replace the AC filter on my 01 Lexus LX 470 and does it have a cabin filter?
Perform steps 1-3 first to inspect whether you have the access doors or not before ordering filters!!!
Did this little project this evening. Figured I'd write it up.
5 Easy steps:
1. Remove glove box door by removing both screws at the bottom of the door.
2. First pop the the little flap with a fuse/relay out of the black plastic shield in the upper portion of the glove box opening. Next push it back behind the shield through the opening. Next remove the 3 screws holding the shield in place. Don't pull this shield out yet!! Read step 3 first.
3. Gently pull the shield out. Be careful because the glove box light is still plugged into this part. It is located on the right side of the shield. Once it is pulled out slightly, unplug the bulb from the harness and now you can fully remove the part.
4. Now you can see the vertical cover where the air filters reside. The cover is about 5 inches tall and about 1 inch wide. It has 2 tabs on the upper portion of the cover. Squeeze these tabs towards each other and pull the cover off.
5. The filters are now exposed. They are stacked on top of each other. Pull the first filter out then lift the next filter up and pull out. Put new filters back in and reverse the procedure.
2 Cabin air filters (Toyota PN 88568-60010 if you drop CDan a pm)
1 Phillips screw driver
No more than 15 minutes
STEP BY STEP PHOTO INSTRUCTIONS
How to Replace the AC filter on my Lexus 01 LX 470 - ce42e62.jpgmg data-src="/uploads/iHow to Replace the AC filter on my Lexus 01 LX 470 - 75dfbf5.jpg62.jpg" alt="ce42eHow to Replace the AC filter on my Lexus 01 LX 470 - 4d6181d.jpgss="h_mi" />
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for taking the time to answer your FERE question.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
I believe the AC filter you are referring to is your cabin air filter. For that you need to remove the glove compartment door. Then remove lower panel. The air filter (cabin air) is directly behind that.
The rest should be obvious, reverse procedure to replace. You can do it! Please reply when you're done.
Posted on Mar 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2011 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
Mar 19, 2011 | 1994 Honda Accord
Jun 17, 2010 | 2001 Lexus LX 470
Apr 13, 2010 | 2002 Lexus LX 470
Feb 27, 2010 | 2003 Lexus LX 470
Sep 28, 2009 | 2004 Lexus GX 470
May 20, 2009 | 2004 Lexus Lx 470
2,728 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!