Question about 2005 Audi TT
Is there a way to replace the HID bulb in my 2005 Audi TT without taking the bumper off? It is the passenger side bulb and the dealer wants $400 just to change a bulb! Any help is appreciated.
You can change the bulb easily yourself in about five minutes, especially on the passenger side. You may want to disconnect the battery, though I don't know if that is necessary. You may also want to handle the bulbs wearing latex or nitrile gloves so as to not get your skin oil on the glass.
1. Remove the decorative cover that conceals the Coolant reservior. There is a single philips screw near the firewall that holds the cover down.
2. Find the back of the headlight and pull the metal wire clip that holds the back of the headlight cover toward the engine. Remove the cover.
3. Look inside and find the back of the HID bulb--it will be toward the outside fender. Twist the connector until it separates.
4. There is a retainer ring that holds the bulb in. Again, twist that until it comes loose. The bulb should come right out.
5, Put the new bulb in, noticing the notch is on top. Also, attach the retainer ring. It is marked "Top" to help orient it. Reattach the connector with a twist.
6. Make sure everything is firmly in place. Reconnect your battery and test the lights. Finish putting anything else back on.
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2017 | Audi Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2014 | 2005 Audi TT
Nov 06, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 02, 2010 | 2005 Lexus RX330
Nov 15, 2009 | 2004 Toyota Sienna
Aug 22, 2009 | 2005 Audi TT
Jul 14, 2009 | 2005 Audi TT
Jun 27, 2009 | 2005 Audi TT
Aug 27, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Altima
Dec 30, 2013 | 2005 Audi TT
Oct 27, 2013 | 2005 Audi TT
1,339 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!