Question about 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe
The sunroof goes all the way forward and will then just click and the rear of the sunroof won't come up into place. It will go forward and backward, but won't fully close.
Is there any debris in the track of the window especially towards the front. Thew clicking sound you are hearing may be worn gears in the drivve assembly of the window/power roof mechanism. Is there a limit switch for the sunroof? This may be bad also. Check the easy stuff first and get back with me.
Posted on Feb 02, 2013
It sounds like it just needs to be reinitialized. Turn your key to the on position with motor off and hold the up/full vent button down for at least 30 seconds or until your sunroof either clicks or goes to the full vent position. That should fix your problem.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
SOURCE: Sunroof stuck open
find the wires to the sunroof and strip them and find another power source perferaby the cars battery it would work but once closed leave it closed, you have a bad relay and no power going to the sunroof motor, this usally happens when used vigorously
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
well your best bet is to go to a pro this is not something you can do at home the sun roof needs to come down to be serviced not easy cause it does wiegh quite a bit and most of the roof needs to be taken apart some what costly aswell sorry to say
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
It can be faulty motor or loose wiring issue or faulty /weak sunroof controlling switch or there is some blockage for sunroof to come down to close or sunroof out of its track the headliner is out of its way.There re many possibilities.All this basics needs to be checked.For further troubleshooting,go through this help link:----
Click the link mentioned below:------
How to Manually Close the Sunroof ? http://howtobyme.blogspot.in/2012/05/how-to-manually-close-sunroof-on-2001.html
Sunroof Stuck open? http://howtobyme.blogspot.in/2012/05/2001-lexus-is300-sunroof-stuck-open.html
How to manually close Sunroof on Navigator? http://technoanswers.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-manually-close-sunroof-on-2000.html
This will help.
Posted on Jun 05, 2012
more than likely it is the power seat switch itself try pushing on theforward button really hard onc and if it now moves get a new switch
Posted on Sep 24, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
The control modules can communicate via the serial data link.
May 09, 2015 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
May 14, 2014 | 2006 Jaguar S-Type
Apr 15, 2013 | 2000 Audi A6
Nov 14, 2012 | 2004 Kia Sedona
Sep 10, 2012 | 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
Jun 05, 2012 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Apr 03, 2010 | 2000 Ford Expedition
Apr 01, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mar 07, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe
480 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: