Question about Dodge Avenger
Light on the dashboard is lit
Check throttle control relays. Alo, look at throttle positioning sensor, replace as needed.
Posted on Jan 21, 2013
SOURCE: Electronic Throttle Control
Throttle actuator control system-forced limited power
• The PCM monitors the throttle actuator control current when the ignition switch is on. If the control current is less than 8 A or more than 11 A, the PCM determines that the throttle actuator control system is under forced limited power. Diagnostic support note
• This is a continuous monitor (CCM). • The MIL illuminates if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition in the first drive cycle. • PENDING CODE is available if the PCM detects the above malfunction condition. • FREEZE FRAME DATA is available. • The DTC is stored in the PCM memory. POSSIBLE CAUSE
• Throttle actuator malfunction • Connector or terminal malfunction • Open circuit in wiring harness between throttle body terminal A and PCM terminal 1B • Short to power supply in wiring harness between throttle body terminal A and PCM terminal 1B • Short to GND in wiring harness between throttle body terminal A and PCM terminal 1B • Open circuit in wiring harness between throttle body terminal B and PCM terminal 1C • Short to power supply in wiring harness between throttle body terminal B and PCM terminal 1C • Short to GND in wiring harness between throttle body terminal B and PCM terminal 1C • PCM malfunction
and for the other one
the dealers need to reflash the powertrain module ( ETC ) ...
hope i'll not get that problem on my 04 hemi...
Posted on Dec 29, 2008
Below the link for Chrysler/Dodge auto-transmission manual
Solenoid mounts outside the transmission, so you do not need to remove the transmission to install. It should be located between fuse box and air filter housing on the top of transaxle case and right next to transmission controle module.
I hope his step by step procedure will work for you. It is not hard at all to replace the solenoid. There are three 10mm bolts. You will also need to remove the input speed sensor. One thing to look out for is not bending the gasket when installing the new solenoid:
Keep everything clean to prevent foreign materials to go inside
P.s. 1. You can fine some clips on YouTube.com at least for similar cars
2. Also at Autozone.com you can find the component location for your car and repair guide
3. Also there is a link for Mitchel1 online manual useb by US mechanic 1 week subscribtion is
11.99 , 1 month 16.99
Let me know if you need more info
Good Luck and happy fixing
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
The red circle means there is an intermittent problem with your vehicle security.If your car starts and runs fine it would be hard to diagnose until it wont start at all.
Posted on Dec 18, 2010
I think I can help you. I found a website where you can download the manual for free. Please leave 4 thumbs up! http://www.pdfee.net/2005-dodge-neon-srt4-pdf.html
Posted on Apr 18, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2016 | 2008 Hyundai Elantra
Dec 02, 2012 | 2002 Subaru Legacy
Feb 13, 2011 | Mercury Mountaineer Cars & Trucks
Feb 02, 2011 | Volkswagen Tiguan Cars & Trucks
Sep 08, 2010 | Nissan Maxima Cars & Trucks
Oct 26, 2009 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Aug 20, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Avalon
Feb 01, 2009 | 2003 Renault 181
Oct 17, 2008 | 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oct 12, 2008 | 2003 Honda Odyssey
1,248 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: