Died going down road twice the third time will not start
Died no reason idling waiting to get gas tack and speedometer gauges went crazy tried 4-5 times before it started some it is dead then it start then runs ok three day later same thing but not idleing driving down road at 55 hour got home died and would not start waited till morning now sometimes turns over but will not start we have not had any trouble with our trailblazer
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like an alternator related issue. Once the battery drops below 12 volts it will do lots of silly things with gauges and thats why when you change it all works fine. Check that with engine running with a volt meter you have 13.8 to 14.2 volts across the battery, if not you may have an alternator issue
please keep me posted as well, ALL my gauges are doing the same. First the gas, filled it one day and it fell all the way and light turned on, then my themostat, freaked me out, thought i was overheating,...NO just the guage, NOW my spedometer is stuck on 120, and my RPM's are acting crazy. i have read tons with this same problem, WHY WONT the manufacturer DO SOMTHING??
ok i know this might sound wiered but i just had the samething happen what i did was i cleaned the key with soap and water dryed off , locked the door with key and unlocked with key then got in jeep tryed starting it ,it started right up gauges all work now and windows work and running fine doesnt shut anymore.
1. Had mechanic check timing again. Belt off a couple degrees. Should fix problem.
2. Don't know. this is my son-in-laws car.
4. I think valves were bent due to timing belt breaking and son-in-law trying to start car when it went dead.
5. Will do this if timing belt reset don't work.
Thanks for your reply.