Question about 2003 Audi A6
How can I program a remote key for a 2003 Audi A6?
I have an A4 and did this to re-program my key:
1. used the key to start the car...then turned it off
2. put the key in the driver door (door closed)
3. pressed the lock button on the key fob once
4. turned the key to lock the door.
This is basically the steps in the owners manual, but the car must be started with the key first, and the key must be in the door lock before pressing the lock button.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
The following instructions are to reprogram your switchblade key fob.
1. Take one key and insert it into the ignition. Turn it one click forward.
2. Roll down your window just in case. Step outside the car, and manually lock the car with the key you want reprogramed, ie put the key in the keyhole and turn to lock. Leave the key in the lock
3. Now press the unlock button on the key in the lock. The lights should flash.
4. Now press the lock button on key fob, and then unlock it again.
5. Remove the key from the lock and the key from the ignition, and try it's function.
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
1... Put your key in the ignition and turn it all the way without starting the car
2...Hit the unlock button on you remote (the one thet you put in the ignition)
3... Push the lock button on the drivers door then push the unlock button
4... Take the key from the ignition and test your remote
This worked on my 06 A4 and my friends 02 Golf without having to have a spare key
Posted on Mar 22, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2016 | Audi Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2015 | 2003 Audi A6
Jan 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 04, 2011 | 2000 Audi A6
Jun 28, 2009 | 1999 Audi A6
Apr 29, 2009 | 1998 Audi A6
Feb 17, 2009 | 1995 Audi A6
7,898 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: