Question about 2010 Ford Escape
I bought a used ford escape and I am looking for the factory reset code
Posted by Anonymous on
On my 2010 ford escape XLT i found the keyless entry code printed on a label on the smart junction box which is inside the center console. To get to the smart junction box follow these instructions.
1. with a non-marring tool(i used a putty knike wrapped in plastic wrap), pry up the chrome trim piece around the shifter.
2. Remove the storage tray from underneath the center console armrest and leave the armrest cover open.
3. Grab the center console finish panel near the cupholders and pull straight up.
4. Pull the finish panel up and back then set it aside.
5. The smart junction box is to the right and slightly ahead of the gear shifter. There should be a label with a bar code that says FoMoCo. In the corner of this label is a 5 digit number. This is the factory code.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 11, 2012
if you do not already know the factory code, the only way it can be obtained is by your local ford dealer. the proprietary computer equiptment they have can access the code that is programed in vehicles security module. if you purchased it used..it is often that the keyless entry code id card is still withe the owners manual..it is a 5 digit code printed on an credit card sized card that is white in color..i hope this helps you...good luck
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
Yes you can program your own code by inputting the original code then hit the no. 2 button then input your own 5 digit code.
Posted on Mar 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2014 | 2012 Ford Escape
Aug 01, 2013 | 2012 Ford Escape
Mar 18, 2013 | 2011 Ford Escape
Sep 12, 2011 | Ford Expedition Cars & Trucks
Apr 13, 2010 | 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mar 29, 2010 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Mar 25, 2010 | 2008 Ford Escape
Jul 18, 2008 | 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis
13,969 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: