Question about 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Newly replaced spark plugs and wires and coil and cleaned idle air control. still code 303 and rough idling. Please provide solution.
Check on intake silicon gaskets, upper and lower. About $18 at autozone
Posted on Jun 22, 2012
Check the #3 coil. code p0303 says misfire on #3 cylinder.
this causes your vehicle rough idling.
Posted on Feb 22, 2012
my 2006 PT Cruiser --- all the dash lights go on the gages go to zero the car sounds like it stops and starts up again sometimes it does it 15 times a day and then not again for 2 weeks this is my 2nd cruiser and nothing but problems should have learned the first time the Dealership is not helpful and very rude thanks any ideas will help when I take the case to Dailer Chrysler
Posted on Jun 06, 2010
FUEL PUMP IS LOCATED IN FUEL TANK..FILTER IS LOCATED ON TOP OF PUMP MODULE..A NEW PUMP WILL NORMALLY COME WITH THIS FILTER..YOU MUST REMOVE FUEL TANK FROM VEHICLE TO REPLACE THESE COMPONENTS..IF YOUR NOT SURE YOU CAN DO THIS,I WOULD TALK TO A REPAIR SHOP..FUEL CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
i hav a 2003 pt cruiser 2.2 crd touring it wont go over 3000 revs engine light cums on. error code p0243 i hav replaced wastegate solenoids cleaned egr valve cud it be the mass air flow sensor that has a problem thanx
Posted on Jun 14, 2011
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
check to see if the serpantine belt is still there. It sounds like like it broke. this belt runs all of the accesories on the vehicle including the water pump. So if this happened it probably starting running hot too
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2014 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 05, 2014 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 26, 2013 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
May 10, 2012 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 10, 2010 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 07, 2010 | 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Oct 21, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
May 07, 2009 | 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser
3,682 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!