Question about Ford Cars & Trucks
B&M shifter floor mount with cable linkage. going into park hasn't been a problem, until now. with shifter locked in park position started vehile, transmission still in reverse. adjusted shifter linkage all checks out ok. disconnected shifter linkage from transmission, could not manually shift the lever into full park posstion
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2016 | 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
May 18, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
May 04, 2015 | 2000 Ford Taurus
Jan 27, 2012 | 2000 Ford Ranger SuperCab
Nov 15, 2011 | 1998 Isuzu Rodeo
Oct 05, 2011 | 1999 Jeep Cherokee
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
Sep 18, 2010 | 1993 Plymouth Voyager
Jul 30, 2010 | 1993 Dodge Dakota
Jan 06, 2010 | 1993 Dodge Dakota
508 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!