Tip & How-To about 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab

Cheap dent puller for small dings/dents

You can fabricate a dent puller to repair small dents on your body panel(s)
just weld/solder a phillips head screw to a phillips screwdriver. a slide can also be added to your puller by obtaining a 4"-5" long 1" i.d. steel pipe. slide pipe peice over driver shaft, then, obtain a bolt washer clearenced enought to slide onto driver shaft in front of the peice of pipe, weld/solder washer to driver shaft and you have a stopper to limit forward travel of the peice of pipe.

Posted by on

Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Hi. How can I pull a deep dent out of an A-piller on a double skin without a dent puller or the right tools

You probably can't. A-pillars are made tough and if it is much of a dent at all you are looking at getting spot welding a stud to pull it with a slide hammer. If it is a light dent and does not have a sharp crease there is a slight chance a hot glue tab might get it. That would be your only hope without painting. you do not want to drill an access hole from the backside as this will jeopardize the structural integrity.

May 25, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How to remove dent out of the door

if the big is not real small, and covers a flat part of the door (with no moolded body lines), you can buy a suction body puller and it should work. also, try dry ice and sometimes, (if you hold your mouth right, lol) it will shrink the metal and the dent will pop out. be sure to wear gloves!! finially, you can buy a small spot welder,puller system. just weld the "tabs" on in strategic places, use the attached puller, and slide hammer the dents out. it takes practice, but it can be done.

May 06, 2012 | 2000 Chrysler Cirrus

1 Answer

rear passenger side got dent how do i replace it

You are not very clear on exactly where the dent is. The area behind the side door is called a "quarter panel". These parts are not easily replaced, as they are a welded, structural member of the car's structure. Replacement requires specialized cutting and welding tools, normally only found in auto body shops. If the dent is not to bad, you could try removing the interior plastic trim panels and pushing outward to remove the dent.
Providing that the paint is not damaged and there is not an actual crease in the quarter panel [commonly referred to as a "pop" dent] I would suggest contacting a DENT WIZARD company. They will come to your house and fix the dent, using specialized tools and skills. Do a Google search for PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR including your geographic location in the search to find local companies who can do this work. It's much cheaper than taking the vehicle to an auto body shop.

Dec 11, 2011 | 2000 Nissan Quest

1 Answer

The 2 Philips head screws on the rotors wont come loose how do i get them off?

the best way is to use an impact screwdriver with a #3 phillips bit but if it already stripped out i use a sharp punch and a hammer. make a small dent on the side of the screw and lightly tap the dent that you just made in a counter clockwise dirrection to remove.

Nov 20, 2010 | 2005 Kia Sorento

1 Answer

I dented my quarter panel can it be replaced easily

unfortunately, the quarter panel is part of the unibody. if the dent is not too severe, have it repaired at a body shop. if it is larger damage, a body shop can cut and weld a patch. best thing to do is drop by a body shop and have it looked at it.

Dec 08, 2009 | Buick Riviera Cars & Trucks

Not finding what you are looking for?

1,455 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dodge Experts


Level 3 Expert

85239 Answers

Thomas Perkins
Thomas Perkins

Level 3 Expert

14850 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4369 Answers

Are you a Dodge Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions