20 Most Recent
- Page 4 Questions & Answers
How to disable Prius back up beep
This is a pretty easy fix.
1. Keep you foot on the break and turn the car on.
2. Press the odometer/trip button until your dash displays the odometer mileage.
3. Turn the car off and while keeping your foot on the break, restart the car by pressing the on button.
4. Immediately press and hold down the Odometer/trip button for at least 10 seconds.
5. While still holding down the Odometer/trip button put the car in reverse. You will hear the reverse beeping. Then push the park button.
6. You can now release the Odometer/trip button and if you keep pushing the button you can toggle the beep to come on or turn off by looking on your dash. It should say "b-on" or "b-off".
7. Toggle it to the "b-off" setting and put your car in reverse and that annoying beep should be turned off.
on May 15, 2014
Toyota Prius jumps from Drive to Neutral while
We had the same issue in our 2008 prius happen last week. Car slipped out of drive after initial 1-second acceleration three times in a row. Powered the car off and on in between incidents. Toyota shop has not been able to re-create after 100 miles of driving over the last few days. They replaced the shift lever and battery (the potential culprits based on scant research), but no one seems 100% confident about it. According to the Toyota shop, the advice given by oneStan above isn't applicable because "the Prius actually has a transaxle that does not have cables or linkage, it has an electronic shifter. Mounts such as engine or transmission very seldom wear out before 150k miles." We are supposed to pick car up tomorrow but feeling anxious about driving our toddlers around in it after what happened. Would very much appreciate any advice. Thank you.
on Apr 27, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?