20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
2003 Avalon uneven tire wear and failure
You don't say if the wear is on the front or the rear, but I suspect it is on the front. I would take it someone other than the dealer, that specializes in front ends. If it is the front, there is certainly a problem there.
on Oct 10, 2017
Airbag light stays on
A component of the airbag system is failing. If you are steering when it flashes it could be the clock spring in the steering wheel. When this light is on you will not have airbags in an accident. only a scanner can pull this info.
on Oct 07, 2016
Ticking noise coming from manifold
Ticking noise coming from the manifold? There are two types of manifold....1. Instake manifold and exhaust manifold. Please indentify and apply as needed.
1. Double check the nuts and bolts around the intake manifold if you worked on it and had it serviced.
2. Spark plugs loose. Yes!! I've seen this before and it comes the rear of the manifold..very confusing.
3. Check your valves and have them adjusted. (This will require a trained and qulified mechanic).
4. Check your motor oil and power steering pump fluid.
1. Check for loose nuts and bolts.
2. Check the O2 sensors connections...some models have 2-3. They are the sensors sticking into the pipes.
3. Your catalytic converter may have a defect. If possible, remove it and shake it to determine failure. (I've seen and experienced the so called honeycomb inside it breakign apart.)
4. Check the exhaust manifold heat shield if applicable.
on Feb 09, 2015
for passenger side:
1. unclip screw cover 'center flap' of inside door opener plastic cover, flap is 3/8"x 3/8" (center of plastic cover)
2. remove phillips screw now showing
3. push fabric panel (edge of door opener plastic cover-at hinged end of chrome handle) to allow uncliping of edge of plastic cover (top rt & lwr rt (for passenger side) of plastic cover)
4. open chrome inside door handle to allow plastic cover to be removed-slide plastic cover toward rear, free end of door to remove cover
5. remove switch panel-gently pry with wide non maring pry bar (cover wide blade screwdriver using cloth) do rear of sw panel 1st (don't pry front edge)
6. slide switch panel toward rear to allow removal
7. remove large phillips screw under sw panel
8. remove the 2 plastic covers near top, hinge edge -use plastic spoon handles to encourage caps to pop off. May also require small screwdriver approx 1/8" in to complete pop off
9. remove the 2 phillips screws w/ captive washers
10. remove 3 phillips/hex screws along the bottom inside of door panel
11. on outside/rear edge of panel push the 2 center pins of each in about 1/8"-this allows the clip to be pulled out w/ pin pushed in
12. remove plastic cover (REAR OF SIDE MIRROR)-pull window edge up and back.
13. lift rear of door panel (not hinge edge) up allow hinge edge to pivot around lower pin in door (hinge edge)
14. remove the 2 rt edge "L" brackets (gently pry center plastic pin out) (note the color and replace as removed)
15. slowly peel the clear plastc away from the non hinged end to expose the plastic panel with 3 phillips head screws
16. remove the 3 screws and panel for access to door handle.
17. using access area now available unlatch the rod attached to exterior door handle (unclip plastic to rotate clip up to allow rod to slide out-toward hinged edge)
18. using access area now available remove rod from ext door handle from inside door area
19. remove the 3 -10mm head bolts
20. remove the ext door handle (bottom edge out first)
reverse order to replace door handle
on Oct 22, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?