20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I would start by getting a diagnostic code reader and checking if any codes are set when it dies. Misfire codes could mean a bad coil. Other codes, you'll have to check online or at an auto parts store for possible causes.
In the absence of any codes, it's hard to say, but I would start by checking the fuel injector. Take a can of starting fluid with you and when it dies, spray some in the throttle body and see if it starts up for a few seconds. If it does, the injector is likely the culprit.
What is the correct tire size for 92 geo prizm
It depends if your gsi or lsigsi says, p185/60R14lsi is a 13 inch tire, one said, P155/80R13Maybe you need to check your suspension?There might be a placard on driver door post that has tire size?I just looked at tirerack, it said 175/70-13
Dash lights not working
not something you can fix on the side of the road
most mobile phones have a torch function
two dollar led torch from a gas station or convenience store
if not the instrument fuse . a relay
yes could be a faulty on /off light switch
1992 Geo Prizm Automatic transaxle removal
why not read the instructions on mitchell's diy (google that)
its transaxle on the FWD car a Toyota Corolla. it is..
so books on Corolla cover this too, and vastly more easy to find
no transmission stated, there are 3
A24oL has it
A241H has it (it means plate seen below)
A245e , the photo shows no plate.... oddly.
2 On some models it may be necessary to remove the level gauge and reservoir tank.
A clamp on the side of the stick retains the unit in the tube
- Disconnect the neutral start switch. Disconnect the speedometer cable or speed sensor.
- Disconnect the shift control cable and throttle cable (at engine compartment).
- Disconnect the oil cooler hose. Plug the end of the hose to prevent leakage.
- Drain the radiator and remove the water inlet pipe if so equipped.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Drain the transaxle fluid. As required remove the exhaust front pipe.
- Remove the engine undercover. Remove the front and rear transaxle mounts.
- Support the engine and transaxle using the proper equipment. Remove the engine center and lower crossmember.
- On some models it may be necessary to remove the front exhaust pipe.
- Remove the halfshafts. Remove the starter assembly. Remove the filler pipe.
- Remove the flywheel cover plate. Remove the torque converter bolts.
- Remove the left engine mount. Remove the transaxle-to-engine bolts. Slowly back the transaxle away from the engine. Lower the assembly to the floor.
LOOKS ME ME you jumped the gun to step 10 too soon
the TC must be unbolted.from drive plate.
What is the Head bolt Torque pattern for a L4-1.6 Liter Engine?
92 toy corolla engine. it is ,not 93+ clear as day.
that is a toy 4afe engine, fact.
1.8L is the 7AFE engine, and happened in 1993.-97
so i dont need the VIN. its the early 1.6L
in 98 the 1zzfe. engine... so is not that either.
mitchells has this. weve posted it vast times
the prev. page is the OFF'ing sequence. FY:
Geo wont start after running dry
Hello, I would replace the fuel filter. Sometimes the sediment gets sucked up by the fuel pump when run out of gas and clogs the fuel filter. Good luck.
How do I remove drive axle on a 1992 geo prizm
cv axle service is covered in the FSM and at alldata.com
need books or ?
you can read the Geo book or the corolla book, same car.
the books and online have lots of photos,sorry, im not doing all that....
The Prizm axle can be separated from the hub using a brass or plastic hammer. Nova requires the use of the puller.
- Remove the wheel cover.
- Remove the cotter pin, hub nut cap, hub nut and washer.
- Loosen the wheel nuts.
- Elevate and safely support the car.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the lower control arm to ball joint attaching nuts and bolts.
- Use a ball joint separator such as GM J-24319-01 or equivalent to remove the tie rod ball joint from the knuckle.
- Remove the bolts holding the brake caliper bracket to the steering knuckle. Use stiff wire to suspend the caliper out of the way; do not let the caliper hang by its hose. Remove the brake disc.
- Using a puller such as GM J-25287 or equivalent, push the axle from the hub.
- Use a slide hammer and appropriate end fitting (GM J-2619-01 and J 35762 or equivalents) to pull the driveshaft from the transaxle. Remove the shaft from the car.
the next page covers service of the CV axles.
log in and read.
- Install shaft into transaxle. If necessary, use a long brass drift and a hammer to drive the housing ribs onto the inner joint.
- Install the shaft into the wheel hub.
- Install the lower control arm to the lower ball joint. Tighten the nuts and bolts to 59 ft. lbs.
- Install the tie rod end to the steering knuckle and tighten the nut to 36 ft. lbs.
- Install the brake disc; install the brake caliper and tighten the bolts to 65 ft. lbs.
- Install the wheel.
- Install the hub nut and washer.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground.
- Tighten the wheel lugs to 76 ft. lbs. Tighten the hub nut to 137 ft. lbs.
- Install the nut, cap, cotter pin and washer. Install the wheel cover.
Why will it cranks but not start
the G10 engine? or ?spark to all 4 cylinder or just one, is good? if all are goodand compression way low below 150psithen the belt slipped the timing beltif compression is at spec, then try test fuelruns for 3 sec, that means lost fueling.so its the belt. the compression likes to drop to 80PSI (1/2 normal)as the cam goes WAY RETARDED. natrually.
My stop ligh os not turn off
the brake light switch is on the brake peddle arm- it needs to be adjusted so the lights will turn off when you let off the brake peddle-cheers Denny
1995 geo prism is heating up
Have a coolant system pressure test done to check for system leaks. check coolant level at the radiator cap. have a compression test done to check for head gasket or cracked head.. Check fan operation and if you have a viscous fan hub replace it . Have a flow test done on the radiator to check for blocked cores.
Not finding what you are looking for?