cam or spark.?
my guess, it's CAM BELT TIME>" right>?
2.3L gas engine. there is also a diesel.
why not say the JOB first.????????
ill give the first 16 instructions then photos
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen and remove the engine accessory drive belts.
- Remove the cooling fan assembly and the water pump pulley.
- Drain the fluid from the power steering reservoir.
- Unbolt and remove the power steering pump. Unbolt the hydraulic line brackets from the upper timing cover and move the pump out of the work area without disconnecting the hydraulic lines.
- Disconnect and remove the starter motor if a flywheel holder (part No. J-38674) is to be used.
- Remove the upper timing belt cover.
- Rotate the crankshaft to set the engine at TDC/compression for the No. 1 cylinder. The arrow mark on camshaft sprocket aligns with mark on the rear timing cover.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Remove the lower timing belt cover.
- Verify that the engine is set at TDC/compression for the No. 1 cylinder. The notch on the crankshaft sprocket aligns with the pointer on the oil seal retainer.
- Release and remove the tensioner spring to release the timing belt's tension.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Unbolt the tensioner pulley bracket from the engine's front cover.
- If necessary, unbolt and remove the camshaft sprockets. Use a puller to remove the crankshaft pulley if necessary. Don't loose the crankshaft sprocket key.
the marks, now.
the 2.3 and 2.6 engines are sisters
so here are the 2 marks.
the car is and Isuzu Faster sold in uSA as "Pickup"
and 18 other names world wide.
so answering for USA PICKUP only.